Pet Dental Care for Pets in Luling, TX
Fight disease and protect your pet from painful infections through dental care. Here at Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of Luling, we advocate for your pet’s health by recommending recurring dental exams and cleanings.
PERIODONTITIS: MORE THAN BAD BREATH
The mouth can be the gateway to health, which is why we try to keep your pet’s dental health in optimal condition. The disease periodontitis is a common dental disease that causes bad breath and, worse, can stop your pet’s heart.
A dental disease that can lead to bacterial infections and organ disease, we recommend avoiding periodontitis through these three steps:
- Regular home brushing
- Professional teeth cleanings
- Healthy food choices
OUR APPROACH TO PET DENTAL CARE
When you bring your pet to Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic at Luling for dental care, expect a thorough approach that keeps your pet’s pearly whites as healthy as possible! Our dental services include:
- Dental exams. We’ll look for pain, disease, or broken teeth to address any issues early.
- Dental cleanings. Using top-of-the-line tools for ultrasonic cleaning and scaling, we’ll painlessly clean your pet’s teeth while they’re under anesthesia.
- Tooth extractions. If a tooth is broken or infected, we recommend removing the tooth before more complications arise.
- Periodontitis treatment. This disease is serious. If your pet has periodontitis is serious, our veterinarians can start a reversal process via treatments and a careful home-care regimen.
TREATMENT & TOOLS FOR PET DENTAL CARE
Our clinic uses top-of-the-line tools to ensure a smooth dental care experience, including:
- IV medications. To keep your pet free of pain and anxiety, our team administered IV medications and hydration fluids throughout your pet’s medical procedure.
- Anesthesia. A combination of carefully monitored inhaled and IV sedation keeps your pet relaxed and pain-free during the dental procedure.
- Monitoring. Throughout your pet’s procedure, our staff will monitor heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, oxygen levels, carbon dioxide levels, and EKG with the highest quality of veterinary equipment for the safety during their dental cleaning.
- Dental Radiographs. Allow us to get a look at your pet's teeth below the gum line.
- Ultrasonic cleaner. An ultrasonic cleaner is used scale the teeth and remove dangerous plaque from your pet’s teeth.
- Low-speed polisher. This tool buffs your pet’s teeth and remove bacterial adhesions.
GUM DISEASE IN PETS?
Bad breath is a well-known sign of dental issues, but there are a few others to look out for, including:
- Yellow/brown residue along the gum line
- Inflamed gums
- Drooling excessively and often
- Unable to hold onto food
- Irritability, sleeping more often, and not wanting to play
- Blood-tinged saliva
- Pawing and rubbing at mouth
Start teeth brushing for your pet as early as possible so it becomes a healthy and lifelong habit.
If brushing isn’t possible, our Veterinary clinic can help! Contact us at (830) 875-2456 for recommendations.
MOST PETS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO HAVING DENTAL DISEASE BY AGE 3. PLEASE DON’T LET YOUR PET BE ONE OF THEM.
Chisholm Trail Vet Clinic in Luling is the best... They've always taken good care of all of our animals, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a vet.
- Brittany Y.
The office staff are extremely friendly and professional. Drop off and pick up times are very reasonable and they take the time to make sure all of your questions are answered and you feel comfortable. All that and they are, above all, wonderful with the animals in their care. They are very knowledgeable (which is obviously what you want!) and thorough.
- Orianna K.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I am glad I used this veterinary clinic and will continue to use them.
- Geri B.
I was out of town when my dog got hurt. I had the dog sitter take him to Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of Luling, then called them to alert he was on his way. They took great care of him and called me several times to keep me updated on how he was doing. I really appreciated their care.