Pet Preventive Care & Wellness Services
A true health plan starts before an emergency arises. In our experience, regular checkups and screenings can save lives. We encourage you to start your pet on the path to wellness with regular exams at Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of Luling.
At our veterinary clinic, every exam is different. We avoid a one-size-fits-all approach and instead customize the exam for your pet’s age and health status to create a personalized health plan of action.
In a wellness exam, we implement a four-point approach to your pet’s health care:
Every exam begins with a visual examination of your pet’s skin, mouth, eyes, ears, and nose. By looking at your pet in detail, our veterinarian will visually check for signs of illness, injury, or disease.
Our veterinarians will check your pet’s organs by gently pressing on the abdomen, which helps detect any swelling, tumors, or other irregularities.
By listening closely to your pet’s heart rate and breathing, our veterinarians will identify any signs of abnormalities or distress. We also listen to you—the client—for any observations or concerns you’ve had about your pet’s health.
Once our veterinarian has collected detailed information about your pet, findings will be shared, and together, we’ll communicate with you to fill any additional information about your pet’s habit and health history.
Help your pet live a long and happy life with preventative care. Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of Luling recommends a regular schedule of the following services:
- Health screenings. Understand your pet’s health through regular health screenings, including blood tests, fecal exams, and urinalysis. These tests will give your veterinarians a baseline for your pet’s health so any future health issues can be addressed quickly.
- Parasite prevention. Parasites go far beyond fleas, and a parasite infection can mean life or death for some pets. We’ll help you guard your pet from parasites through a year-round parasite prevention plan.
- Vaccines. Core vaccines can keep your pet from contracting life-threatening illnesses, which is why we always advocate a regular vaccination schedule. We also offer special vaccinations for feline immunovirus, snake bites, and more.
GIVE YOUR PUPPY OR KITTEN A HEALTHY START
Did you know that pets can meet their veterinarian as early as six weeks old? In this first visit, our veterinarians will set your pet on the right path by:
- Conducting a check for worms and providing treatments if required
- Observing your pet’s overall health
- Recommending a diet for optimal growth and development
- Administering vaccine boosters for disease immunity
- Providing support in any way you need, including behavior, housebreaking, and socialization
Let’s work together to keep your pet healthy.
Chisholm Trail Vet Clinic in Luling is the best... They've always taken good care of all of our animals, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a vet.
- Brittany Y.
The office staff are extremely friendly and professional. Drop off and pick up times are very reasonable and they take the time to make sure all of your questions are answered and you feel comfortable. All that and they are, above all, wonderful with the animals in their care. They are very knowledgeable (which is obviously what you want!) and thorough.
- Orianna K.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I am glad I used this veterinary clinic and will continue to use them.
- Geri B.
I was out of town when my dog got hurt. I had the dog sitter take him to Chisholm Trail Veterinary Clinic of Luling, then called them to alert he was on his way. They took great care of him and called me several times to keep me updated on how he was doing. I really appreciated their care.